In The Works
Sex In The City
My Secret Obsession
!!! COMING SOON !!!
Did you know
Well I am off to Atlanta today. We are flying out ...
YAY!! Six authors are happy to announce contr...
Not only do I have a new website by weekend I have...
What is it about starbucks? I have to have it. I a...
Well, it was a long weekend. Diego's 34 year old u...
Well, I haven't been blogging because I have a ne...
Winner of the Soul Mate prize
Pick your favorite Author Chef - VOTE FOR ME!!...
Wednesday, October 12, 2005Healer at RT!!
I am thrilled that HEALER recieved 4.5 stars at RT!! WOOHOOO! This will be in the December issue:)
Also recieved a great review for Romance Reviews today for Red Hot Secrets which will post on the 20th!
Here is a tiny piece of the RT review for HEALER!
The ending leaves you longing to learn more about these warriors and the
world they try to defend. (dl $5.95)
And, fingers crossed, a senior editor recommended me as a buy yesterday. I have been close before so I am not counting my chickens but its still exciting and if nothing else a confidence booster I needed so very badly!
Anyway, Who's On Top, I talked to my EC editor and I am taking it on to print size. So both Office Games stories will be in print!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Tuesday, October 11, 2005Morning all! TRS chat prize winner!
Still have no contest winners! Check saturdays Blog!! Meredith was the TRS chat winner!!WOOHOO! She won two downloads! List is there!
Well I know an editor was reading me last night. Made for a hard evening. I have a bad way of getting insomnia when stressed and that has been destroying me the past few days. While awake I can't focus yet I get in the bed and can't sleep.
Okay so I was looking for new shows to spike my creative side and stumbled on the short lived Tarzan. Lucy Lawless was in
Anyway, the Calvin Klein model too..
The critics say the show was wonderful but the networks axed it without a real shot. You know they almost did that to Seinfield? They are quick to cut their losses..
Who's on Top, book two of the Office Games series at EC was going to be a novella. It's now over 40k...I think it may end up print size. The characters just want to resolve certain issues and I can't do it fast. Plus they really really love getting all hot and bothered. My characters in Healer kept doing that to me lol!
Well, off to write!
Monday, October 10, 2005Monday!
Thanks for the spam tips! I am going to figure out how to set that up today! Go away spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well Cathey (Xena fan that she is lol) I watched three Xena's and the first one I was a little tough on lol. Xena took on like 20 guys and it made her seem as if she could do no wrong. BUT by episode three it was growing on me. I thought the characters started taking on personality and the show did to0. It might just be a keeper:) I always think shows get better after the first few episodes. Maybe because we become committed to the characters. Looking forward to seeing Hercules in it too! I know he shows up somewhere along the road!!
Chatted last night at TRS! Thanks to all those who came!
Okay more fun facts but not a lot about Xena so I included Hercules:)
1. Lucy Lawless starred in "Xena" (Edit)
2. Lucy Lawless will reprise her starring role as Maddy Rierdon in CBS' movie, "Vampire Bats" in October 2005. (Edit)
3. "Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." (Edit)
4. Son, Julius Robert Bay Tapert, born in New Zealand. [16 October 1999] Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.  Fractured her pelvis after falling from a horse. She was practicing a scene for "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" [October 1996] Daughter, with Garth Lawless, Daisy (born 1989). Studied drama at the William Davis Center for Actors Study, under William B. Davis.  Gave birth to third child, Judah Miro Tapert, May 7, 2002 in New Zealand w/ weight 8 lbs, 8 ou. He's her 2nd child with Robert Tapert. Marital Status: Current Husband: Robert G. Tapert (28 March 1998 - present) 2 sons Ex-Husband: Garth Lawless (1988 - 1995) (divorced) 1 daughter Lucy suffered a miscarriage immediately following the filming of the last episode of Xena. She originally had planned on cancelling a appearance she was to make with Xena partner Renee O'Connor (Gabrielle) at a convention but showed up despite just suffering a miscarriage a few days earlier, even though Renee was 6 months pregnant with her first baby. Sister-in-law of actress Mary Beth Tapert. Sister, Josie Ryan, is an actress that wrote and performed in a one woman play titled "Sister Wonder Woman" Wanted to be an opera singer until she was 16. Then she learned they have a strict diet and can't stay out all night. After that she changed her mind but still sings. Measurements: 35 1/2C-25-36 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine) Nickname: Unco, short for Uncoordinated Played Rizzo in Grease on Broadway from September 9 to October 19 1997. Performed in the Vagina Monologues from February 14 to March 16 2002. Played Dorothy in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, May 13-15 2005, with the Seattle Men's Chorus. (Edit)
1. One of the two of seven original cast members on Andromeda born outside of Canada. (Edit)
2. Personal quotes (On losing the opportunity to star in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) "You know what? It happened for the right reason. Although I would have made a good Clark Kent. I look better in glasses." (Edit)
3. Height 6' 3" (1.91 m) (Edit)
4. Was a possible for David Duchovney's role in "X Files, The" (1993). Born at 7:48am-CST First child, son Braedon Cooper, was born to his wife Sam Jenkins weighing in at 7-pounds, 8-ounces in Henderson, Nevada. [22 August 2001] Kevin Sorbo attended Minnesota State University Moorhead (then known as Moorhead State University (Edit)
5. Worked as a bouncer & a model before getting his break in "Hercules". Began his career with an one-liner in a TV commercial for Jim Beam whiskey: 'This ain't Jim Beam.' (Edit)
6. Grew up in Mound, MInnesota (Edit)
7. Underwent drug therapy for an aneurysm in his left shoulder; complications from the medication forced him to withdraw from a planned role in Black Dog (1998). [Fall 1997] (Edit)
8. Auditioned for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in "Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman." (Edit)
9. Mr. Sorbo is husband to the former Sam Jenkins, the actress who played "The Golden Hind" and whom he met on "Hercules:The Legendary Journeys." Together, they have one son. (Edit)
Send good vibes my way for agent news this week:)
Sunday, October 09, 2005Xena
Thinking about trying Xena...anyone know about it? Is it good?
So, I was thinking about what someone said about Adrian Paul being better than my pictures yesterday. I agree but you know I didn't use to really like him. I started watching Highlander and that changed. I think its his screen presence or maybe the kind of hero he plays in the show. The kind of guy that would rescue you and be the white knight. Gotta love that in man.
Who's On Top was going to be 24 to 25k and now its around 40k! I can't believe it. It just wants to keep going!
I am reading Dark Lover. Now I have heard great things. The writer writes excellent. However, the many many points of view is bugging me. I do really like the hero/herione relationship now that it is progressing but it took a while to get to it... I also had issue with a scene where someone is blown up by a bomb in a car. See these vamps can transport themselves in a flash yet this vamp had time to think about his daughter and never seeing her again and he didn't think himself gone. That bothered me. That is an issue with transport stuff and I think Feehan handles it well. There is often attacks within the air around the mist the hero has become. In this book they can just disappear so why even fight? And I am almost halfway through and I don't know if the enemy can disappear.Now this said, I still love this authors writing. I think she is incredibly talented. Not once have I thought of craft when reading her and I find as a writer I tend to think craft when I read people. Not this author. Her work is seamless and well done. As I keep reading I hope that the thing I don't like disappear. Sometimes once you are involved more with the hero and herione the troubles slip away.
So, off the read and write! Happy Sunday!
:: In PRINT in March!!! ::
Lisa Renee Jones
Doreen Orsini's Bed of Thorns