Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday!



Hey all!

Well I couldn't sleep last night. I made the mistake of doing a clients newsletter that had ghost stories in it! How nuts was that at midnight! I'd been up since 6am and still I coudln't go to sleep. Someone asked what Grandma said when my son called about seeing the face in the window. My mom came to the house and charged to our very large backyard to do a search thus proving me a chicken and making my son feel safe lol! Book two of my Office Games series was supposed to be 25k. It's going to wrap at about 40k. I just couldn't get enough character development at 25k. Heck it might go longer. I'm hoping not. I have to turn it in!! My Red Hot characters have decided to make and appearance so readers can see them again!

Here is a short excerpt. This is a very emotional scene. Not an erotic one, but one that makes the physical part of what they share more intense:


Several seconds passed and Reese squeezed the knob, feeling his stomach clench. For some reason, Cat accepting his words, and allowing him back into her world, mattered in ways beyond the moment. He needed her. Whatever she’d made him feel that night they’d shared, he wanted to wrap himself in it and forget.
To get lost in Cat and what she made him feel. To forget everything else.
The soft touch of her hand on his arm made his heart kick up a beat and his breath lodge in his throat. Without words, he felt her understanding. Slowly, he turned to face her, looking down into her forgiving eyes, not even trying to hide the pain in his. He didn’t care if she saw. Maybe he should but he didn’t.
“I’m sorry,” she said. “I should have listened.”
“It’s okay,” he said. “I should have called sooner but-”
She pushed up on her toes and pressed a finger to his lips. “Shh. I understand.” For a beat, then two, they stared at each other. Slowly, he relaxed, taking the comfort she meant to offer and letting it ease into his mind and body. “Come,” she said, sliding her hand around his.
Reese followed her into the living room. It was clear she’d been awake. The television played on low. A glass of wine sat on the coffee table. Beside it sat a half eaten bag of popcorn.
They settled onto the couch side-by-side, bodies turned towards each other. “Do you want to talk about it?” she asked, her voice low, and without any sign of probing. It was an offer not a demand.
“What if I said I don’t?” he asked.
She smiled. “That’s okay too.”


Tomorrow I will post a hot excerpt!!!

Anyone who posted on the blog this week - I will draw tomorrow for a prize!!




Above is Adrian Paul. I just started watching Highlander. Am I right or did he get to be a better actor and fighter about season four? Still, the shows move kind of slow and the storylines jump around. Anyone know if it gets better as the seasons move on? I love some shows and am bored out of my mind until the fights in others...Also I just read they are filming another highlander movie! It will be great to see what they do with more modern technology!



Talk soon!
Lisa

Posted by Lisa Renee Jones :: 7:40 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------