Sunday, October 09, 2005

Xena


Thinking about trying Xena...anyone know about it? Is it good?

So, I was thinking about what someone said about Adrian Paul being better than my pictures yesterday. I agree but you know I didn't use to really like him. I started watching Highlander and that changed. I think its his screen presence or maybe the kind of hero he plays in the show. The kind of guy that would rescue you and be the white knight. Gotta love that in man.

Who's On Top was going to be 24 to 25k and now its around 40k! I can't believe it. It just wants to keep going!



I am reading Dark Lover. Now I have heard great things. The writer writes excellent. However, the many many points of view is bugging me. I do really like the hero/herione relationship now that it is progressing but it took a while to get to it... I also had issue with a scene where someone is blown up by a bomb in a car. See these vamps can transport themselves in a flash yet this vamp had time to think about his daughter and never seeing her again and he didn't think himself gone. That bothered me. That is an issue with transport stuff and I think Feehan handles it well. There is often attacks within the air around the mist the hero has become. In this book they can just disappear so why even fight? And I am almost halfway through and I don't know if the enemy can disappear.Now this said, I still love this authors writing. I think she is incredibly talented. Not once have I thought of craft when reading her and I find as a writer I tend to think craft when I read people. Not this author. Her work is seamless and well done. As I keep reading I hope that the thing I don't like disappear. Sometimes once you are involved more with the hero and herione the troubles slip away.


So, off the read and write! Happy Sunday!

Posted by Lisa Renee Jones :: 9:41 AM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------